Gluten-free baking has always been challenging for me but baking using egg replacers just frightens me. Thankfully this recipe was a HOME RUN the first time I made it which rarely happens when I bake. 🙂 I firmly believe the smell of baking bread floating through the air has to be one of the top best smells made in the kitchen. My hubby must agree because the smell of fresh bread always brings him up from his man cave with the intention of devouring warm thick slices of banana bread.
Makes: 1 loaf of Gluten-free Banana Bread
Time: 10 minutes prep
Bake time: 55 minutes
– 4 mushy brown bananas
– 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
-1/4 cup applesauce
-7 tbsp. coconut oil melted
-2 tbsp 1/3 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease bread pan.
2. Slightly de-thaw frozen bananas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Peel skins and mash bananas in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients: flour, spices, and sugar and mix well. Then stir in milk, melted oil, bananas and applesauce until well mixed.
4. Pour banana bread mixture int bread pan and place in oven to bake. Bake for 55 minutes or until fork clean in the center and lightly golden.
5. Let bread completely cool before cutting to prevent the bread crumbling.